- “Science needs you!”, a film presenting six portraits of scientists (4 women, 2 men) who explain how they got passionate for nature as kids, how they enriched this passion while opting for a scientific career, what are their main other interests and hobbies and what’s their message to teenagers to encourage them in choosing for science… This film has been created under the initiative of BeWiSe.
- Mentor-mentee program: To women in the beginning of their scientific career, who would like to increase their knowledge of scientific careers, who want to position themselves better in the scientific community, and who want to boost their careers thanks to exchanges with a mentor. It is also addressed to men who are experiencing the same difficulties but priority will be given to women according to the scope of reducing the gender gap at top positions.
Young scientists (YS) – EGU-EPSC
The young scientists of Planetary Science (PS) Division have organized themselves to meet (e.g. YS Lounge at EGU, free coffee and catch up with peers) and discuss among them.
They successfully organized short courses of special interest for Master/PhD students and young Postdocs during European Planetary Science Congress 2014 on
- Scientific Writing and Publishing Papers for Planetary Sciences
- Money, the root of all evil: how to write a funding proposal?
- From PhD to Postdoc...
Be aware that there is a Young Scientist's Travel Award (YSTA): this award includes a free registration together with a refund of the Abstract Processing Charge (APC) related to the abstract for which support was requested.
- Advices for writing a paper, producing a scientific presentation, or producing a poster
Writing a paper - San Francisco Edit
- Focusing on Your Central Message
- Eight Steps to Developing an Effective Outline
- Twelve Steps to Developing an Effective First Draft
- Ten Steps to Writing an Effective Abstract
- Ten Steps to Writing an Effective Introduction
- Twelve Steps to Writing an Effective Results Section
- Fourteen Steps to Writing an Effective Discussion Section
- Twelve Steps to Writing an Effective Materials and Methods
- Twelve Steps to Developing Effective Tables and FIgures
- Developing an Effective Title
- Selecting a Journal
- Responding to Reviewers
- Eleven Reasons why Manuscripts are Rejected
- Journal Submission Checklist
- Promoting Your Publication
- Effective Use of Numbers and Statistics
- Fourteen Steps to Writing Clearly
- Effective Word Usage in Scientific Writing
- Effective Use of Grammar and Style
- Developing an Effective Poster Presentation
- Twelve Steps to Writing an Effective Conclusion
- Optimizing Your Paper for a Search Engine
- Sentence Structure in Scientific Writing
- Common Errors in Scientific Manuscripts
- Effective Use of Software in Scientific Presentations
Producing a poster - San Francisco Edit
Producing a scientific presentation - San Francisco Edit
- Summer Schools related to ESPaCE